Pella Christian High School exists to partner with parents in educating and nurturing each student to serve in God's world. This mission guides all of our work at Pella Christian High School. We are seeking highly qualified individuals who are in full agreement with the Pella Christian High School's Statement of Faith. Pella Christian High School is accredited by Christian Schools International (CSI). Applicants must possess or be able to obtain proper licensure/endorsements as described in the job description.
General inquiries concerning employment at Pella Christian High School may be directed to Kevin Herdegen, PCHS Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries concerning Spanish Immersion employment may be directed to Lilly Lehr, PC Spanish Immersion Point Person at email@example.com.
Please submit the following documents to apply for a support staff or teaching position. Documentation may be sent to the email addresses noted above.
- Completed Application
- Official College Transcripts
- Signed Faith Statement
- Three Professional or Personal Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of your Teaching Certificate (Teaching Positions Only)
Teacher candidates may be invited to visit campus for an interview and to teach an appropriate lesson. When a visit or teaching opportunity is not possible, candidates may be invited to interview through Zoom and asked to send a video recording of a class they’ve taught.
Pella Christian Schools are seeking a full-time special education teacher to serve in the Spanish immersion program. In this program, all subjects are taught in Spanish so that the students learn Spanish as a second language through content materials. The candidate must be a committed Christian teacher who is fluent in Spanish and proficient in English. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants can view the employment tab on our websites at www.pellachristian.org or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Desire to honor Christ in all teaching and learning activities;
- Plan and prepare appropriate lessons, assignments, instructional materials that align with Immersion program goals and objectives;
- Establish learning objectives consistent with appraisal of a biblically sound foundation, student needs, curriculum framework, immersion best practices, and knowledge of human growth and development;
- Prepare, administer and correct evaluations and assessments, and record results, and use results to inform instruction
- Improve skill and knowledge based in current trends, research and methodology in immersion instructional techniques, technology, problem solving and interdisciplinary connections;
- Knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process;
- Ability to infuse technology into the curriculum;
- Work effectively with students, parents, administrators, colleagues, and any Immersion professional organization(s);
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Must possess, at minimum, a Bachelor's level degree.
- Must possess a state of Iowa teaching license or be eligible to receive an Iowa teaching license.